The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) solicits applications in 2024 for its Fulbright Scholar Program. About fifteen scholars are selected in 2024. Of the 13 slots, 13 are for researchers and faculty members at the beginning of their careers as researchers (2-7 years). Two slots are reserved for senior researchers (8-15 years) following the time they have completed the Ph.D. or terminal degree.
It is a Fulbright scholar program that grants the duration of up to twelve months of lectureships or post-doctoral research any combination of the two at a U.S. university or college. The selected scholars will be expected to share details concerning Pakistani society and culture with colleagues, students as well as community groups in and around the United States. After returning back to Pakistan, Fulbright scholars are expected to contribute significantly towards Pakistan’s development and to share experiences from their U.S. experiences with students as well as colleagues and communities in Pakistan. All application materials, including references must be uploaded online by 4:45 at 5:00 pm on September 20, 2023.
Fulbright Scholar Program 2023
Fulbright Scholar Grant Benefits
The grant money
- An incidental research allowance
- A living allowance
- Health insurance
- The program also grants one dependent who is accompanied by a parent.
- USEFP can assist in the process of applying for visas.
Eligibility Criteria for USEFP Fulbright Scholar Programs
- Professionals, scholars, and artists of all disciplines are invited to apply except for medical research.
- Ph.D. or terminal degrees
- in their fields. Candidates must hold their Ph.D. for a minimum of two years. (Persons who have traveled to America for research or other opportunities are not eligible. United States for research or other opportunities for long-term education within the past five years are not eligible).
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Women, disabled people and people who reside in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, AJK, Gilgit-Baltistan, Balochistan, Northern Sindh along with Southern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply.
- A concise and well-written outline of the goals they wish to achieve within America. A clear and well-written proposal of what they would like to accomplish in the United States and how it connects with their activities in Pakistan. This is perhaps the most crucial part of the application. Applicants for the lectureship need to demonstrate their ability to instruct in a university environment. Pakistani citizens with solid academic records, who are living or working within Pakistan.
- Individuals who hold dual U.S./Pakistani nationality or have a spouse or fiancee, parent or child of 18 years old and who is or was a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employers of the Fulbright organization, the U.S. Department of State or USAID, and their spouses as well as siblings, children, finances or dependents, and parents. Students currently taking classes within the United States or on a visa to work or reside in any other country.
- Plagiarism, fraudulent publication, or any other false representations could cause the disqualification of any participant in the program.